I think I’ve blogged this before because it is one of my favourite quotes. When Harold Macmillan became prime minister an aide allegedly asked him what he was going to do. “Wait” said Harold, “What for”, said the aide. “Events dear boy events”
At the moment we’re a bit short of events. The only bloggable one I can think of was last night at dinner when the two ladies behind me on the next table started to whisper. There’s nothing like whispering to get you to strain to hear someone else’s conversation. All I got was “and then I got my suspender belt caught up in my bra” before the waiter arrived and I missed the ending.
On the Aurora you can lie on your sun lounger and lean against the glass balcony. The sea floats by 10 storeys below and you can relax without a thought in your head apart from perhaps “what is the breaking strain of 6mm glass”. Today I don’t seem to be able to get one disturbing image out of my mind. Perhaps there’ll be some events in Cadiz tomorrow to distract me.
Dave C
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment