Wednesday, May 20, 2009

All at Sea, with Harold

Don’t cry for me Montenegro – The truth is I just can’t get there! Three attempts, three abject failures. Left me bereft and resigned to remaining on the rain swept pavements of St Annes on Sea... The moving finger writes, etc...

But No! Eagle-eyed Janet, who can spot a vacant cabin from 300 miles, located one such place, and with a flurry of phone calls I joined the merry throng en route to board the Aurora – bound for the Med., via Southampton.

The coach driver tried to lighten our journey with many a merry quip, but seemed very put out because the pick-up was Blackpool and Bolton – and not Blackpool and Preston – frankly I cannot see the difference.

Anyway, we arrived in the afternoon and whisked through the embarkation procedure, and once my luggage was located began the unpacking process. All went well until – wait for it – no dinner jacket and trousers! Located Julie, who said “Go and look again”, which I did, and found cunningly concealed in a secret compartment in the top of the case, the missing clothing - which even I, with all my years of investigative experience, had failed to detect.

Now all’s well that ends well, and looking forward to Cadiz – funny though – no Borealis.

Harold, Tuesday 19th May

2 comments:

  1. Excellent - glad to read you have dinner trousers as well as jacket...
    Took me about ten minutes to work out the borealis joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just taken me a lot longer to get the joke. Duh! (Jane)

    ReplyDelete